The sun brought out lots of people this afternoon for some social gardening - including two new volunteers. We made more progress with the Hugelkultur bed (see photo).
We started to 'grade down' some of the turf edges that had become too high - this should make it easier for wheelchairs to get down to the club hut. Brilliant work from our edge-maestros.
Brought more of the recently felled logs across the park. Just two trips left now - it is a long way with a sack barrow.
Re-measured the position for the raised beds - with 20 cm wider paths around them - and cut along the perimeter.
Argued with the wheelie bin water butts again and lost two taps, which we might not have had in the first place.
Tore up lots of egg cartons for the wormery and compost bin, which also helps us tidy up the club hut a bit.
Took the old whiskers off some freshly divided hardy geraniums, from a nearby garden, and planted them in the iris beds.
Planted some freshly divided Phlomis russeliana (Turkish sage) in the bee border.
Labelled up lots of tools and our newly purchased gloves.
And we drank hot drinks and ate biscuits and fruit together.