As part of our RHS Greening Grey Britain project, we welcomed the Tuesday group of the 28th cubs along last evening. We:
- Hunted for strawberries of several types;
- Tasted some ripe blackcurrants;
- Harvested a few baby carrots - and kept the tops for Emma's guinea pigs;
- Pulled a straw bale to pieces and used it to mulch the strawberry and onion beds;
- Planted some young lavender plants - with RHS gloves and tools;
- Looked at the moth mullein caterpillars, which are munching the mullein plants - but didn't vomit at us.
- Toasted some marshmallows and drank hot chocolate;
- And perfected making giant bubbles, using RHS garden tubs.
It was really good to welcome back the cubs and their adult helpers on a warm Summer evening - the last time they came in November 2016 to plant crocus bulbs the weather was about as bad as it could be.