This is NOT the official Rock Allotment Society website or webpage but until one is created, we can put dates, details, messages here. Several of our Nightingale Gardeners are also plotters. If you contact us, we can forward messages to the Secretary etc. Unofficial Facebook page.
Official e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Society
The Rock Allotment Society is over 100 years old. It has four sites: Baldock Way (Glebe Rd end), Glebe and Holbrook (either side of Pig Passage, between Glebe Rd and Holbrook Rd) and Perne Rd. The sites are all on City Council land.
Getting a plot
If you would like a plot, do contact the Society. There are 100s of plots, they turn over often (Cambridge people move a lot) and there will probably one for you. You might have to wait a while to find one in the perfect spot and you might find it requires a lot of work at first, which puts some people off.
I think they let 1/2 plots in the first instance but I think you can have 1/4 ones. The committee isn't very 'strict' but it upsets neighbours if plots aren't kept in reasonable order. There is a new project to make some 'easy gardening' raised beds at Baldock and Holbrook - contact the committee if you are interested.
- 18 July 2018: the Society AGM was held at St John's Church on Hills Rd.
- 28 July 2018: first Abundance stall for the Summer from 10.30 at Rock Road Library - front garden.
- 29 July 2018: last day the trading centre on Baldock Way is open for the Summer. It usually starts again in early September, every Sunday from 11 to 12. Great things to buy from the 'shop' at really good prices. Bring cash or a cheque book.
If you join as an Associate (or are a member), you can also buy discount seeds (and other things) from Kings and seed potatoes (via the City allotment consortium) at good prices. Kings orders can be done online or on paper. Potatoes just on paper.
- 19 August 2018: second Abundance stall at Nightingale Garden, 2 to 4 pm.
- 2 September 2018: trading centre re-opens.
- 8 September 2018: third Abundance stall at Queen Edith's Share Fair, 10 to 12 ish.
- Apple Day - rumour has it that 14 October 2018 was chosen, usually mid-morning. If the weather is kind, we often have something food sharing too. TBC.
- 28 October: last day for paper seed orders and 'shop' closes for winter.
Last updated: 12 August 2018.